You’ll Regret This…
It’s here! The beginning of the holiday season and for almost everyone it means everything seems to move faster and there is not enough time for ANYTHING, especially those of us that have businesses. We get caught up in filling orders, making new things, designing, shipping, everything EXCEPT making time for our family and friends. I am asking you, for this year, don’t do it, you’ll regret this, I promise!
When I had my stationery/invitation business I usually worked up until December 23rd filling orders. I didn’t have time for anything else, not even to print out my OWN Christmas tags. Yep, the cobbler’s children have no shoes, the tag maker had no tags, everyone got folded over pieces of wrapping paper with their names on it. REALLY sad! For that reason at the bottom of this post there will be a FREE printable Christmas tag sheet for you to download and print off for your own Christmas tags. Don’t say I didn’t try.
These are the things I really want you to remember this holiday season, so that you won’t have regrets.
1) If you have a store, an online shop, or sell anything, anywhere- those last minute people, are NOT going to be worth whatever amount of money they are spending. They will be in a panic and drive you crazy- have an EARLY cut off date and STICK TO IT!
2) For just 2 months- set a work schedule and a “play” schedule. Put plenty of time in for your kids, family and friends. Your kids aren’t going to remember you made lots of money Christmas 2013, but they will remember the night you made pizza and popcorn and sat down WITHOUT your computer, ipad or phone and watched Christmas movies with them or played a game or took them driving around looking at Christmas lights. (Remember when that was a big deal? Maybe I am a lot older than most of you- but that was a BIG DEAL!)
3) If you have to start wrapping your gifts now, go ahead. The last 12 years that has been the biggest pain to me- rushing to “get it over with”, instead of doing it with joy and love. This year, I WILL have tags, I am going to go through all my ribbons and buy some fun wrapping paper and make it a pleasure to wrap the presents for those people I love- You don’t give presents to people you hate, so shouldn’t wrapping presents for people you love be part of the fun too? I will post pictures of my presents this year- because they are going to be STELLAR!
4) Do SOMETHING for someone else. Whether it is sponsor a child who otherwise wouldn’t get anything for Christmas, volunteer somewhere for just one day, pay it forward in the drive thru line (just pay for the person’s meal behind you- you can’t imagine how FUN this is!!) Just something in the spirit of giving.
5) Do SOMETHING just for yourself. Whatever that “thing” is that brings you pleasure- get a pedicure, a new haircut, sit down in the middle of the day and watch a movie or read a book for a couple of hours (not everyday!!- you really won’t be getting anything done), take a friend to lunch, go visit someone you haven’t seen in a long time and take them a little something. Just something that makes YOU happy.
6) TRY to get some shopping done, starting now. If you know some things you want to get people, go ahead and order them, go buy them and wrap them NOW. Start making your Christmas list, if you have a shop on Etsy or a website and have friends that do – buy some things from them, help them out, but do it now, so they are working up until the last minute either.
7) Take one night a week to do NO work. Spend it with your kids, your husband, your dogs, your friends, your parents- or just YOU- but take ONE night to recharge, and enjoy. Maybe this will even become a habit- wouldn’t that be glorious! And I mean it- turn OFF your phone!
8) Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza or worship at the church of El Duderino, (see I am not that old), – this time of year is for celebration, love and giving thanks. It is so easy to get caught up in all the “rest” of it, that you forget. I am as guilty as anyone. But NOT THIS YEAR!
This year I will continue to work, but for the next two months, my family, my new twin grandbrats, my kids, and my sanity are taking priority. I am going to have fun decorating my house. I am going to have fun wrapping presents and watching Christmas movies, and even the Grinch, Rudolph and Charlie Brown. I am going to do some things for others- anonymously. I am going to …
Enjoy, Celebrate and have NO REGRETS!
Here are your tags. Please just use these for your own personal use. These are not to be resold or used commercially in any way, the designs are copyrighted so please respect that. Sorry, I just have to say it.
These are so your family won’t get presents with torn up pieces of wrapping paper with their name on it. Click here for the PDF download
I hope you have a wonderful next two months, filled with laughter and great joy
and above all no regrets!
Please leave a comment if you feel the same way and share it on your facebook page or with anyone you think needs to hear this! And if you want to make your own holiday gift tags, check out my clip art on Great Graphics.